April 1, 2009

Choo Choo!!!


A few weeks ago I have the opportunity to ride the train down to Greg's house in Colorado. Although I had to be at the train station by 4am, it was totally worth it. I slept for a good portion of the ride but once the sun started to come up I could waste anytime sleeping. The ride was so pretty and enjoyable. We went through the Ruby canyon and I guess the only people who get to see this beautiful place are those who actually raft the river or ride the train.

Once I got to Grand Junction Greg and I went to breakfast and then went on a tour of Delta and Olathe. I saw the school Greg teaches as well as the flying field. It seems like a nice area. We also went to the Black Canyon. Which was amazing!! Its call the Black Canyon because of the shadows that are created from the sun. Although I think that it would be more pretty in the spring and summer months, I really enjoyed seeing it covered in snow.















It was a quick trip. I drove back to Layton with Greg Monday night so that Tuesday he could go to a job fair. I love road trip with Greg. We have a good time. I have really happy I had the opportunity to go and visit him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY want to do that train trip some day. It looks beautiful!

Cousin Kerry

VictorVillas said...

Those were great pictures. I knew you had a blast but is good to see yours and Greg smily happy faces. I am glad family is coming next week.