November 23, 2008

I have been tagged!

Okay so I have been tagged by my roommate Angela. So for those of you who have not heard of this, what I do is go to my fourth file of pictures and pick my fourth photo, post it and then tell about it.

Okay so here is the picture. I know that it is not very exciting to most everyone looking at it, but to me it holds great memories. For those of you who don't know, this is a statue from Gettysburg. Although I do not remember this mans name I know that is pretty important to our history. I remember this day very clearly. It was very humbling to stand on this hill and look out over the battle fields in which thousands of men fought. I can't imagine how I would feel if I stood in line facing the enemy waiting for them to fire. It is mind boggling to me how these men did it. I guess war has changed a lot these days, we no longer stand in line. As I stood listening to reports on the historic war, I remember trying to picture the men marching. It is hard to describe but lets just say history books don't do it justice. Being here helped me better understand and visualize this war. I guess this is a good time to say that I am very thankful for this nation. The United States of America was established because it was our Heavenly Fathers will, this is evident in many aspects of our history. How grateful I am for these men who lost their lives on the sacred grounds shown in this picture. If you have the chance you should visit Gettysburg and both feel and see these same things for yourself.



Tag!! Your it:

Camshaft and Mandee
Mom and Dad
Michelle
Emily
Taresa

RULES:
1: Be honest (no changing you picture from what it should really be)
2: Go to your 4th photo folder and pick your 4th photo, post it and tell us about it
3: Pass it on!!



Good luck I can't wait to see!!!






5 comments:

Emily said...

That was not very nice to tag me because now I'm like guilted into doing it...ugh...Why are you riling me up?

VictorVillas said...

the individual in the picture is General John F. Reynolds, who was killed the first day of the battle of Gettysburg. Sad you don't take notes, shame on you.

Holli no name Child said...

I know, some of us dont have as good of memories as you do Victor

VictorVillas said...

But some of us can make us laugh so hard like you do.

Never change, you're great

Taresa said...

Holli, I'll do the tag picture thing when I get back to Idaho, I didn't bring my computer to Cali...and well my parents pictures aren't too exciting. I promise I'll do it when I get back though...love ya!